Another "Is it algae or is it dirt?" thread....

I am having same problem and it got worse when it cooled down for a few days, wind blew hard and I didn't clean for 4 days just filtered. I live in country near orchard and dirt roads. It just occurred to me today I didn't have this problem the first 4 years with bubble cover that fully covered pool most of the time. I have had this problem since I switched to the sun rings, which I like because they are easier for me to do alone but I think it is allowing more dirt into the pool. I have spent the day cleaning, sweeping, etc and it looks much better. The tests show my levels are ok so I am pretty sure it is fine dirt or pollen. It has been fine all summer after getting it going…last summer I had hard time convincing my husband to change to bleach method but now that it works great he is a believer!!

i´ve only seen it on a couple of pools but if there´s a leak on the pipework underground, then dirt surrounding pipe can end up in the pool when the pump is running.

You can check if you have the same problem by vacuuming the pool to waste so there´s no dirt on the bottom of the pool, then leave the pump turned off for a couple of days. If the pool is still clean it could be that that´s the problem.

unlikely, but it´s a possibility.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.