The pool is ready!

Kelleyaynn

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 23, 2012
Wilmington, DE
And now for the tweaking. :whoot: I shocked my pool this weekend, and tonight the chlorine is down to okay levels (well, 4.5, which I'm sure is safe to swim in). I redid all my tests, and here are my results;

FC - 4.5
CC - 0
pH - 7.5
TA - 110
CH - 150
CYA - 33 (about)

From looking at the pool calculator, and using the pool calculator, it is telling me to raise the CH and CYA. Since my pool gets a lot of sun, I think raising the CYA to at least 40 is a good idea, and my calcium hardness does seem quite low. But I thought I'd run my numbers by the group before I do anything.

You've got a good grasp of things. I would suggest raising CYA to 50 if you really get a lot of sun. Your chlorine consumption will be fairly high (I'd guess 3-5ppm daily) at 35 CYA.

Lucky you! You can buy Cal hypo (typically sold in one pound bags as "shock". Leslies sells it as Power Powder Plus) to chlorinate and raise CH levels. The Pool Calculator will be able to tell you how much to add, as well as how much you can add safely. Use the "effects of adding chemicals" part near the bottom to see how much CH goes up for each pound you add.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.