Any thoughts why our pool turns cloudy pea green immediately after adding liquid chlorine or dichlor based shock (2 different brands one with 35% FC, other 65% FC)? After 1-2 days it clears up fine. (Unknown if it clears by filtering or sun baking off the FC). I thought it was minerals/copper from topping off with public well water but today's tests show zero metals present.
Local pool store wasn't sure as to a solution besides super chlorinating with chlorine free shock (eg potassium monopersulfate) to raise our FC a bit.
Your ideas are appreciated.