Need expert diagnostic for pump failure

ernfer

May 31, 2012
My pool pump began to leak and the motor began to make noise---first time since I bought the home 12 years ago. A pool repair service corrected the leaks and then had another technician replace the motor. I noticed no more visible leaks but found the replaced motor to be somewhat loud. After 6 days, my pool guy noticed there was no suction at the skimmer and found the pump to be running dry---it was smoking and the pump basket became warped. The pump would not prime after we turned off the pump and restarted. I had to replace the entire pump but it's been almost 2 weeks without a problem and the pump is fully primed. This led me to believe I did not have any obstruction with the water pipes and my filter and baskets are periodically clean. So, I would like to see if anyone has some answers as to what could have caused the pump to run dry?
Thanks in advance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.