Replacement Diving Board

Jerry Lee

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2012
My 10' Foot S.R. Smith diving board cracked over the weekend and I've been doing a bit of research online in order to find a good deal on a new one. I'm guessing my current stand is a little old and have some questions as to which new boards will fit my current stand. Also since my stand has 4 sets of holes for the fulcrum, can I go with a 8' board instead of a 10'? Any other suggestions?
[attachment=0:2vy5qtys]diving board.jpg[/attachment:2vy5qtys]

Attachments

• diving board.jpg
    diving board.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 215
Are you sure you want to replace it?

Wasn't worth the risk for me and I didn't replace the one for my current pool when I moved here in 1994. I'm no nervous Nellie and I've been a pool owner for 30 years (three different pools), but I've come to believe that diving boards for residential pools are dangerous. It's obvious to me that a diver, especially a tall one, can launch off the board and enter the water well past the deep end. I've done it and I've got a 42' long pool with a 9' well in the deep end and a long, gentle slope back to the shallow end. A shallower, shorter pool and I can see a broken neck in the offing.

Just my opinion.

You'll probably have to send that pic to S R Smith to see what they can provide for you. Purchased new, diving boards are amazingly expensive. With enough patience you may be able to find a used one that someone is ready to sell at a good price.

That's kind of a cool looking platform....I hope you find something that works!

duraleigh said:
That's kind of a cool looking platform....I hope you find something that works!
LOL! That's one way to put it! Sent S.R. Smith an e-mail with the pic so hopefully they'll have some thoughts on it. In the meantime, I've been checking Ebay, Craigslist, etc. Cheapest I've seen for a 10' board is $550. :shock:

I have a ten foot fiberglass diving board that I did not reinstall after redoing the pool apron. I would be glad to see it put to use if possible, otherwise it will be in land fill (nobody benefits). Please indicate if you have any interest.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.