Seem to have gotten it in time...

Jun 2, 2008
Marana, AZ
Had the stomach flu on Monday, recovering on Tuesday, and then worked 12 hrs on Wednesday. So this morning was the first time I was out to the pool since Sunday evening. (!) I had put pucks in a tri-chlor "floating duck" last week since my CYA had gotten low through backwash and splash-out, but the pucks had dissolved before this AM. However, even though the chlorine is low, the water looked pretty good. Maybe a little bit of green algae growing in a few spots (hard to tell whether it was algae or dust) but the water itself is clear. I put 24 oz of 10% chlorine in the pool (enough to raise it by 2 ppm) now; will put in more later after I swim. Because of my sensitive skin, I really need to keep the chlorine around the min mark for the CYA level around swimming time. Also need to put in some MA, but didn't want to put it in at the exact same time as chlorine
Readings are (before putting in the 24 oz of chlorine I just put in):
FC - 1.5
CC - 0
TC - 1.5
pH - 7.8
T/A - 110
CH - 200
CYA - 35

Should I shock, even if it turns out that there was no algae, only dust / pollen?

mpacheco72 said:
Could you possibly be more sensitive to the PH than the chlorine??
Possibly. I know it tends to run a little high because of a combination of high pH in the fill water and the wind blowing most the time. I wear goggles when I swim; what I have an issue with is skin drying out fairly badly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.