Installing some waterline tiles

I've got a shotcrete pool shell that I'm just about ready to put some waterline tiles on. 1" x 1" tiles from NPT (National Pool Tile). Laticrete recommended their 254 Platinum thinset and Spectralock epoxy grout. Any thoughts on those two products or anything else I need to keep in mind when tiling?
I also need to build up my skimmer openings about a 1/2". Should I do this with Hydraulic cement rather than applying a thicker bed of thinset?

Here's a photo from when they shot the pool...to give you some reference.

Coastal South Carolina
19,000 gallons
KrystalKrete aggregate pool finish
Pentair Intelliflo 3HP pump

I put my scum line tile down with HD's Custom Products brand mid grade thinset. They have been on the wall about 6-7 years so far without a mishap. I used the same mid-priced Custom Products grout from HD. Same results...not one crack (yet)

I have never used epoxy thinset or grout and I would not do so given the ease of what I did and it's resultant success (again, so far :lol: )

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.