Any potential problem using two pumps?

Mar 30, 2011
Clearwater, FL
Over the next few days I plan to set up a second pump for a solar panel. I want to T off before the sand filter and use a small cartridge filter pump to push water through the solar panels and then enter back in a second T after the sand filter.

Is ther any problem with potential water pressure on the return side of the sand filter?

I may very well be wrong but I am not sure that will help. Pool pumps are constant speed pumps and if they are being force-fed like you are discussing, I'm not sure it will do any additional work.

Why would you want to do that? Unless the main pump is a very small AG pump, it should handle the solar panel just fine by itself at much less energy use. Using two pumps would just waste energy without much benefit.

I found it virtually impossible to get the pump running through the solar panel when the sun was out and not when cloudy... unless I was home to micro-manage it.

I want one pump on a temperature switch pumping through the solar panel and the sand filter pump running 4 hours a day regardless of sun.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.