Central, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Core-55
Ok. First let me thank you guys for all the Great info here. We had our pool installed last year, August, and weve been on BBB after week number 2 when I couldn't get FC reading on the Wonderful test stips i bought at Walmart. Did a few internet searches and found this site. Read like crazy to understand the pool and off I went.

Opened the pool on 5/19 to clear water. Adjusted all of my Levels to where they need to be and within a week the Kiddos, and me, where swimming.

I do have a question though and it might be me being Neurotic.

Here are my readings as of last night

FC - 4.5
CC - .5 Barely
PH - 7.5
TA - 120
CH - 100
CYA - 30
Pool Water temp 82

Ok so here is my question
My cc's are .5 or less
I have passed and OCLT test twice

Here is the tricky one

From outside the pool the water appears clear, I can see to the bottom no problem and when the sun hits it it sparkels. I can also see to the bottom on the far end of the pool. Here it comes the Neurotic part. When I Swim in the pool and go under water with a pair of goggles the water looks a little cloudy. I can see to the other side but it has a slight milky white hue to it. It is not Crystal Crystal Clear.

Does this fail the Clear test or not. I dont want the pool to get away from me

I also dont want to shock if I dont have too.

It is an interesting question....how clear is clear? I would say that if appears a little milky to you, then you can probably do better.

You test results look very nice so I see no need to shock but there may be a few inexpensive things to try.

How long are you running the pump daily?

One thing to keep in mind here is you have a sand filter, so it will not filter out as fine of particles as a DE or even a cartridge filter would. This is not to say there is anything wrong with sand filters, I had one for many years, they are durable, fairly easy to operate, relatively cheap, don't have any real consumables (if you don't count changing sand every 10-20 years).

I had one for many years, they are durable, fairly easy to operate, relatively cheap, don't have any real consumables
They also filter well enough that there is NO milkiness to the water...here's a pic of a pool (through 7' of water) that has never used DE or any other tricks...just sand.[attachment=0:14a61l5a]DSC00049.JPG[/attachment:14a61l5a]

Attachments

• DSC00049.JPG
    DSC00049.JPG
    171.2 KB · Views: 68
I had been running the pump 8 Hours per day. And thought that might be the issue rececntly increased that to 10 hours per day. Just this past weekend. We'll see what happens

WOW that pool is CLEAR!!!!!!

There is one thing I did notice this year that is different than last year. Last Year my Pump Pressure was about 12psi when clean. This year after opening pump pressure is 7psi. Gauge seems to be working. I did remove it for the winter though. Think that might be an issue.

Removing the gauge for the winter was a good idea. 7psi is atypical. 12 seems more normal. You may have something restricting the flow of water between the skimmers and the pump (the suction side)

1. Are ther any bubbles or air in the pump basket?

2. Have you checked the impeller for debris?

1- There is a few small air bubbles in the Pump Basket. But they seem to always be there. I cant remeber ever not seeing them.

2- I will check the Impeller for Debris when I get home tonight.

The return of the pool feels like it is the same as last year. I am not noticing anything dufferent unless it is very subtle.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.