New AGP for 2012 !

We used a 16' round Intex cheapie with inflatable top ring for the past 4 years, it started springing leaks so last fall we purchased a Sharkline 15' round by 52" deep pool to setup this year. I finally got started, digging everything by hand, and 4 days later finally got the hose it to start filling it !
All was good until we got to approx 8" of water and the liner let go at the bottom seam !!!! I took pictures and sent them to supplier and they are shipping
a new liner at no charge. Should have the old one out today and be ready for the new one to arrive early next week. Later on we are going to extend the deck around the front and to the right side, approx 1/4 of the pool. The solar panels were used last year for the Intex and worked great and will be connected for this one once i get the equipment hooked up and hard piped.

Attachments

• 1IMG_0643.jpg
    1IMG_0643.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 547
  • 1IMG_0653.jpg
    1IMG_0653.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 547
  • 5IMG_0650.jpg
    5IMG_0650.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 547
New pool liner arrived this morning, which is great service from Ryan at pioneerpools , I sent him pictures of the defective seam weld
and he couriered out a new liner which I thought was great service since we bought the pool as a clearance item last July.
Raining today but the weekend looks good, so we should be able to get back on track, get it filled up and plumbed in
over the next few days !! Off to pool school to double check everything I need to do once its filled :)

great site !

ps: The defect in the liner was obvious, and possibly could have been seen if I had inspected it before installing it................
the seam was folded when it was welded which left a hole. Would have saved a lot of work had I found it beforehand

Attachments

• closeup of leak.jpg
    closeup of leak.jpg
    330.8 KB · Views: 470
Hope everyone is enjoying their pools this weekend !

Got our new liner in, adjusted ph from 8.6 down to 7.8
added stabilizer and chlorine, hooked up the solar panels
and today the pool was up to a very enjoyable 80 deg !
We had a great weekend in the pool with the girls (9 & 15)
still using the wobbly old ladder until I get the deck built
and lots of dirt to take away, but this weekend we took a "time out"
from working on it to enjoy it !

Attachments

• IMG_0698.JPG
    IMG_0698.JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 374
  • IMG_0701.JPG
    IMG_0701.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 374
And finally the deck extension and upper platform is complete, along with extending the privacy fence.
Turned out just as planned and gave us a nice private back yard area ! Kid's love jumping in !
And the gate with lock keeps the dog (supervisor) safe from falling in :)
Both decks were built on deck blocks.

Attachments

• IMG_0707.JPG
    IMG_0707.JPG
    168.2 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_0704.JPG
    IMG_0704.JPG
    198.2 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_0711.JPG
    IMG_0711.JPG
    167.2 KB · Views: 282

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.