Easier way of taking the hayward EC65a apart?

May 31, 2012
I just wanted to ask "waste" on how you make it easier taking the hayward EC65a apart and back together to clean it? I am having problems with pressure raising too quickly. I started the season soaking the grids in laundry detergent and then acid. The pool only ran for about 2 hours and need to be bumped. I bump the 3 to 4 times the first couple times and then recoated but still will only run about 2 hour before pressure built and needs to be done again. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Mike

A couple of questions, are you using DE or a DE substitute? Also what does your water look like, if it is a swamp you will need to bump and recoat often as there is a lot of junk in the water and the filter is doing its job. Also are you carefully measuring the amount of DE when recoating?

Ike

I am using DE, does that stuff go bad? I have had it for about 3 seasons now. I have just started up the pool for the season so that might be the cause of the problem. I will continue to bump and re charge with DE. I am using a 1 lb coffee can I think that is what Hayward suggested in the manual and it has worked in past seasons.

Thanks,
Mike

DE should still be good, you can buy DE scoops that are sized for 1 pound of DE (maybe other sizes too) I just bought one off ebay for my EC75 as I was tired of weighing the DE on a kitchen scale, price was under $10 shipped. Not sue about the 1 pound coffee can comparison, it is in the right ballpark.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.