New to BBB - questions.

I'm thinking you're right about it being the material in the suit, Dave. I'm just surprised that I got no reaction from the patch tests I did yesterday. I assumed it was the spandex that was causing the rash but maybe there's another type of fabric in there.

Maybe worth mentioning......I have a blue solar cover and I keep it on whenever I'm not swimming. I know you need a certain amount of sun to kill CCs. If that was the problem I don't think the rash would only be under my suit though, would it? Is there such a thing as CCs adhering to material, causing a contact rash?

Jennica said:
I'm thinking you're right about it being the material in the suit, Dave. I'm just surprised that I got no reaction from the patch tests I did yesterday. I assumed it was the spandex that was causing the rash but maybe there's another type of fabric in there.

Maybe worth mentioning......I have a blue solar cover and I keep it on whenever I'm not swimming. I know you need a certain amount of sun to kill CCs. If that was the problem I don't think the rash would only be under my suit though, would it? Is there such a thing as CCs adhering to material, causing a contact rash?

I don't know that you can actually compare fabrics the way that you did. It may be a proprietary ingredient in the blend or some chemical used in the manufacturing process.

" It may be a proprietary ingredient in the blend or some chemical used in the manufacturing process."

That could possibly explain it. I'll ditch this suit for a while and see what happens. Thanks!

Jennica said:
" It may be a proprietary ingredient in the blend or some chemical used in the manufacturing process."

That could possibly explain it. I'll ditch this suit for a while and see what happens. Thanks!

Many years ago when I was in college I bought a shirt. Seemed fine in the store and in my closet. However, when I wore it, after about an hour, it developed this strange odor to it. Almost a chemical smell. I washed it many, many times in various detergents, no dryer, lower dryer, hot dryer, etc., and still after about an hour of wearing it, it would start to smell. Never did figure out what was wrong with it, but just came to the conclusion that something in the manuf process went wrong, like maybe a chemical was not neutralized properly, and body heat combined with expanding the fabric, brought the odor out. Finally tossed the shirt.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.