New to BBB - questions.

Thank you all for the help on the CYA. :)

Here are my current readings:

FC 6
CC .5
PH 7.5
TA 140
CYA 50
CH 225

The TA came down on its own from 200 to 140 since I made my first post a week ago. Should I just leave it alone for now?

When your pH climbs back up to 7.7-7.8, I'd add enough acid to drop it back down to 7.2-ish. Remember to change that number in the pool calculator as it will take less acid now.

Ex: At TA = 200 and 5300 gallons, to go from 7.8 to 7.2 required 25 ounces. At your new 140 result, it only requires 18 ounces.

Jennica said:
Thank you all for the help on the CYA. :)

Here are my current readings:

FC 6
CC .5
PH 7.5
TA 140
CYA 50
CH 225

The TA came down on its own from 200 to 140 since I made my first post a week ago. Should I just leave it alone for now?
Yes :) As long as you are not annoyed by having to add acid often to lower the pH, just let the TA rock along for now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm currently doing the aeration method. I have to admit that, since I'm slightly obsessed with this whole BBB process, I just had to go ahead and try it. :mrgreen:

My husband thinks I'm nuts. All I talk about is my pool water. He barely even notices that we have a pool and he goes in it, maybe, twice a year. But yesterday he looked out the window and said......"The pool is so clear it looks like it's empty!"

Tee hee.

Jennica said:
I'm currently doing the aeration method. I have to admit that, since I'm slightly obsessed with this whole BBB process, I just had to go ahead and try it. :mrgreen:

My husband thinks I'm nuts. All I talk about is my pool water. He barely even notices that we have a pool and he goes in it, maybe, twice a year. But yesterday he looked out the window and said......"The pool is so clear it looks like it's empty!"

Tee hee.
:lol: I can see the lab coat from here! Another chemist is born on TFP :)

Nice that hubby noticed your sparkly water :goodjob:

No, except for the rain, that is pretty slow. How much disturbance are you getting at the surface...you want it to be pretty significant where the propelled water is actually separating a little from the bulk water to increase the aeration.

As for the rain, although it does cause aeration if it hits the open surface of the pool, the rain itself can be somewhat acidic.

My pool is so ridiculously clear that I can't stop looking at it. Every time I pass the window I look out at it! :shock:

Posting a pic to share the love. Tee hee

7187129541_04d814d935_z.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.