Please Update Info On Robot Pool Cleaners

logan

Apr 27, 2012
I need to get a pool cleaner, I read the old thread but would like to know if there is any info on the best one to buy with best warranty, and cheap to repair. We have a 20 by 48 inground pool that is 4 ft to 8 ft. Can someone please help me with this and also recommend the best place to buy. Thanks so very much.

I've had a Polaris 380 for 15 years - some repairs over the years, Leslies will tune up and inspect for free if you take it there in the spring before they get busy. But you need a separate pump - which add expense but makes it more powerful and cleans better.

Robot pool cleaners are not hands free and walk away but they do save a ton of time, you do have to adjust them, etc.
I would recommend a Polaris 380 or similar model with a separate pump.
some other points about Polaris 380
- Polaris pump must have water circulating thru it - need to keep pool valves adjusted accordingly
- Polaris should not be on timer - because main pump must be on - if not you will burn out Polaris pump (after a few hours)
- you need to have 2 bags that seal properly so you can add a dry bag when current bag is full (easier to empty/clean)
- you need to make sure there is no debris on the velcro or it won't seal correctly (or buy more expensive zipper sealed bags)

cheapest prices for Polaris and accessories I've seen is on Amazon, then get a pool guy to install, call around first to see if someone will install without supplying the unit -cause there is a big retail markup. local pool store wants $300 more for Polaris and $100 more for booster pump compared to Amazon.

Thanks for the info my only problem is the local pool companys has went out of business, but maybe I can find someone around here locally that knows something about pools that can help me out, I have not had much luck lately.

don't know if you are looking at a robotic cleaner...anyway...I've had em all. suction line cleaner, then a kleen machine, then a i-robot, and then a pool rover jr, which I just sold. My pool is 33ft round..and I pretty much hated all of them...they all worked OK, but didn't get it as clean as I wanted...so I'd still have to hand vacuum my pool....UNTIL....I bought a Dolphin Diagnostic! Holy Smokes you get what you pay for rule goes for pool cleaners. This thing picks up EVERYTHING. from sand, to sticks, to leaves, twigs, pine needles, fine silt caught in liner creases or seams...and also climbs the pool wall to the water line.

I LOVE IT, and would never get another cleaner. I highly recommend the Dolphin Diagnostic!! (no I don't now work for them, nor have any affiliation, other than a very happy customer!)

Thank you yes that is what I am looking for, I will check that Dolphin out, that sounds like what I need. Do you know where the cheapest place to buy from. I will search the internet for price checks, if anyone has coupons or codes I would appreciate any help with a discount, thanks for the info.

dolphin motors can be troublesome - check out reviews on amazon....cleaners that run via a pump don't have a motor that can burn out, just powered via water... just pointing out the differences,....there are pros and cons with everything so you need to research a bit....

yeah...but the amazon reviews that give the Dolphin Diagnostic Advantage a 2.5 stars is a WHOPPING 33 user reviews. That doesn't exactly give you a good "answer" to the dolphin having problems......I could say the same thing and you could read all 19 reviews of the Dolphin over on inyopools.com and see that they have given it a 4.5 star review.

SO it's all in where you read, and what you read.

I've had my dolphin diagnostic for 4 years, no problems. I would rate it much higher than 2.5 stars. I rarely brush the walls or floor of my pool, I leave that up to "Algaenon" (that is what my MIL named the robot).

I agree J20832.....since I've gotten my Dolphin....no more wall brushing or floor vacuuming..the dolphin gets it all. I have two filter bags..one is the "green" bag which is to pick up bigger, coarser materials..and then the white bag, which I believe filters down to 5 microns if I remember right....which picks up any little trace of silt or sand, and polishes the water.

I love my dolphin!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks for the info, I think I will have to go will a robotic, I know no one to setup a setup motor ans I so not know how to do it. I like the info you have given me and appreciate it, so now it is finding the best deal. Thanks

If a person went with the polarsis 380 can someone tell me how to hook up the motor and system, I have alot of handymen around that have alot of know how that can fiqure it out if you would give me a heads up. Thanks

flyweed said:
don't know if you are looking at a robotic cleaner...anyway...I've had em all. suction line cleaner, then a kleen machine, then a i-robot, and then a pool rover jr, which I just sold. My pool is 33ft round..and I pretty much hated all of them...they all worked OK, but didn't get it as clean as I wanted...so I'd still have to hand vacuum my pool....UNTIL....I bought a Dolphin Diagnostic! Holy Smokes you get what you pay for rule goes for pool cleaners. This thing picks up EVERYTHING. from sand, to sticks, to leaves, twigs, pine needles, fine silt caught in liner creases or seams...and also climbs the pool wall to the water line.

I LOVE IT, and would never get another cleaner. I highly recommend the Dolphin Diagnostic!! (no I don't now work for them, nor have any affiliation, other than a very happy customer!)

How long have you had it? The robotics are quite expensive and I really dont want to spend that much money, especially if its going to only last a few seasons.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.