Just bought a house with a pool-Black Algae and No Chlorine

Re: Just bought a house with a pool-Black Algae and No Chlor

You are going to have to replaster. It's most likely from the chemical balance being off. I have the same problem, but can't replaster this year due to water restrictions. It's on the list for next year, if we get enough rain...

also... any ideas on the particles floating around... there's a lot of it and i'm sure it doesnt help with the algae problem... even found some dead insects which is pretty gross...

pH and CH are the biggest culprits to plaster damage. pH is probably the most common as it's the easiest to get out of whack.

Particles floating around shouldn't have much of an affect on it. Your filter should be catching those anyway if you're running it long enough.

I know this is not an answer, BUT! It needs to run long enough to keep the pool clear. That's a different amount of time for every pool and every location. It's all what works for you.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

well i went ahead and got a polaris 280 for about 375 bucks. Should arrive monday. I hope its just plug and play but I guess I'll find out.

Anybody have any experience with those?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.