Aqua Plus "Communication Error"

May 29, 2012
I noticed when I first turned on my Aqua Plus panel this year a "Communication Error" displayed on my keypad. I am able to turn on my filter. The display will blink thru my default display setting. When i navigate to the settings menu the display will go blank and the lights on the keypad blink. The weird thing is sometimes the panel will work and produce chlorine. Tried resetting power as Hayward website suggests but this problem comes back eventually. Inspected and cleaned cell. Any Ideas?

When I was troubleshooting the panel I purposely reset the panel with the cell cable unplugged and got an error of "no cell" so I know the panel is seeing the cell. Last night I turned the panel on got the Communication error on the display and noticed a green light that blinks 4 times slow and 4 times fast and it keeps repeating. If I leave the panel on eventually the panel will work. Salt level on the panel says 3200. Salt test strips say about the same. I got a service tech coming out to troubleshoot the panel next Tuesday. They are a Hayward service company. I will probably get taken to the cleaners. I did all my own electrical work including the Aqua plus installation and bonding. Saved myself $4k doing it myself.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.