Carboy Chlorine in Austin, TX area?

Thanks. I actually want to use it for pool sanitation purposes. I have a 35K gallon chlorine pool in a house I bought in June 2006. After draining half the pool in May 2007, I have CYA readings in the 120 range. Rather than continue my headaches w/ pucks, I switched to the bleach approach with outstanding success, so far. Given that I can get 6% bleach at Costco and/or Sam's for $1.54 per gallon ($2.19 for 1.42 gal), I was hoping to reduce my costs and simplify my storage problems.

Not home-brewing :)

I too have been looking and found nothing but 55 gallon drums. I have asked Austin Scientific if they could start stocking the car boys and have not gotten a call back. Now since I see there are a few of us interested, maybe they'll have a little more inclination to get them for us. I'll let them know there are a few of us interested.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Carboy volume chlorine in Austin Area...

A friend of mine recently saw a company called CSI delivering chemicals to one of the local Austin City pools. I called them. They are located in Hutto, which can be quite a drive for some in the Ausitn area. They said that they guaranteed 10% and would do a 5gal carboy for $3 per gallon, but that I needed to call ahead. I think I was the first to ever ask...

So far, the best I can find (limited search, I admit) is $6.57 for 3 1.42 gal 6% Clorox at Sam's. So far, I am OK w/ it ...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.