Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Tea color filter

1. Back To Top    #1

Tea color filter

We just set up our pool this past weekend. I have only checked ph & chlorine levels and they are fine. I will be checking CYA this weekend to make sure it is at a good number. My water is clean and clear but I looked at my filter tonight and it is iced tea color. Could this be a problem starting to arise or is it just our dirty water where I live?
    Intex 18 x 48 Ultra Frame, 1500 gph Intex Krystal Clean filter pump

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Louisiana

Re: Tea color filter

It might help if you tell us what kind of filter you have
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

Sorry, I changed my signature to include the pump type.
    Intex 18 x 48 Ultra Frame, 1500 gph Intex Krystal Clean filter pump

4. Back To Top    #4
    Tecumseh, OK

It could just be what ever it is filtering out if the water causing it to stain or it could possibly be sunscreen or tanning oils if any body in the pool had that stuff on.

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -

5. Back To Top    #5
    Twin Cities, MN

Do you have metals in your fill water (like from a private well). It could be that showing up in the filter...that happens to me.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.