My new firepit

HuskerFan_1

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 15, 2012
Nebraska
Here are a few pics of my firepit I built this spring. When I get everything cleaned up a little better I will send pics of the whole backyard with pool and firepit. :cheers:

Attachments

• logs.jpg
    logs.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 768
  • photo.JPG.jpg
    photo.JPG.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 769
  • 48AA4D56-2020-4524-AF6C-4F235961BF62.jpg
    48AA4D56-2020-4524-AF6C-4F235961BF62.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 768
No BBQ'n on this one. Its for sitting around having a cool adult beverage. Kids already asked when they could roast marshmallows though. Its gas so shouldn't be any ash, did have a little black soot when I first fired it up. Air/Gas mixing valve might need adjusting.

I built it myself. So it was much cheaper than others I found. Couldn't find anything close to what I wanted locally so that's why I decided to build it myself. I have about $1200 in materials only. This doesnt included the gas line to the pit. The fire ring and gas valve along with the logs were ordered online that was close to $600. Stone on the side is cultured stone a concrete product around $200. The flagstone on top was a little over $100. It cost about that to rent a saw and cut it to size. Had a sheet of stainless steel cut to fit the octagon shape for a pan to hold the burner up and the lava rock and logs. Hardest part was figuring gas pressure to get the right amount of BTUs to the burner. Fortunately good people where I buy the propane figured this out for me. Flames, when the wind is calm, are 12" to 15". My wife wasn't paying me for the labor so I didn't keep track of hours, but it was a lot.

Yes I was surprised at the cost of the burner parts too. The place I ordered from was in Georgia website is http://www.finesgas.com. I spoke with them on the phone before ordering,very helpful with the questions I had. If my wife wouldn't have been :? :whip: I probably would have built my own burner ring too. Very little to it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.