Rain can cause pH to change, right?
Here's my scenario. I just finished the shocking process on Monday. My FC level is still high so I haven't checked pH. We got some SERIOUS rain yesterday. I checked FC this morning and it was still above 10 - like 11.5, so I didn't check pH, but I was concerned about the effects the rain may have had on the pH. I decided to wait until tonight to check FC and see if I could do pH, but of course we had company and now I'm headed to bed. I'll check it in the morning.
My question is just how would you have handled the situation? My husband says tonight that he thinks he saw some algae in the spa (hoping he's wrong as we just finished the shock process!). I'm wondering if after a rain like we had if I should have just brought FC up to shock levels just to be on the "safe" side of things.
What do you recommend?