Can I safely winterize my pool

Hi I am a newbie here and first want to say how amazing this site is. I have learned so much. I am the proud new owner of a 24' by 52" Intex Metal Framed Pool with the included sand filter/pump. I have spent the last three days digging, leveling and then adding sand and finally some blue calm board prior to laying the ground cloth. The weather here today did not cooperate so I am now just stuck at that waiting point. My big question is whether I can safely winterize my pool here in the great frozen tundra state of Minnesota?

Welcome to tfp, copchic :wave:

Another Minnesotan...we truly are taking over :rockon:

copchic said:
The weather here today did not cooperate so I am now just stuck at that waiting point.
Don't give up on the season yet :lol:

copchic said:
My big question is whether I can safely winterize my pool here in the great frozen tundra state of Minnesota?
People do their intex's both ways up here. Some take them down some leave them up during the winter. My neighbor has left his up for 3 seasons without much trouble, just drained below the skimmer and let it go until spring. Would work even better for him if he used a cover.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.