Going to clean/change my cartridge filter for the first time

May 17, 2011
Montgomery, TX
this weekend. I only clean mine once a year. My pool builder gave me another set of brand new filters. Should i just clean and reuse the ones already in the filter or use the brand new ones? I had planned on doing this but i started worrying about how the current filters will hold up after being in water for a year, then dry for a year? So should I:

a. just thoroughly clean and reuse my current filters

or

b. replace the filters with the brand new ones and dry and store the current filters for next year

Re: Going to clean/change my cartridge filter for the first

I know there are people that have multiple cartridges and switch them out ... pretty sure that would not be a problem. Although I think you would want to clean the old one immediately and store it clean.

Personal preference I think.

Re: Going to clean/change my cartridge filter for the first

well, after opening one of the brand new unicel cartridge boxes i found that they are also fully enclosed in plastic shring wrap too. since this is the case, i plan on cleaning my current cartridges and saving the new ones for 5+ years down the road since they're shrink wrapped. thanks for the reply.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.