Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Going to clean/change my cartridge filter for the first time

1. Back To Top    #1

Going to clean/change my cartridge filter for the first time

this weekend. I only clean mine once a year. My pool builder gave me another set of brand new filters. Should i just clean and reuse the ones already in the filter or use the brand new ones? I had planned on doing this but i started worrying about how the current filters will hold up after being in water for a year, then dry for a year? So should I:

a. just thoroughly clean and reuse my current filters

or

b. replace the filters with the brand new ones and dry and store the current filters for next year

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Going to clean/change my cartridge filter for the first

I know there are people that have multiple cartridges and switch them out ... pretty sure that would not be a problem. Although I think you would want to clean the old one immediately and store it clean.

Personal preference I think.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Going to clean/change my cartridge filter for the first

well, after opening one of the brand new unicel cartridge boxes i found that they are also fully enclosed in plastic shring wrap too. since this is the case, i plan on cleaning my current cartridges and saving the new ones for 5+ years down the road since they're shrink wrapped. thanks for the reply.