We might have made a big mistake with Cozy Cove jets

May 22, 2012
We are installing a 16 x 32 Hydra pool with a Cozy Cove, and a pool contractor is helping us with the dig, installation of the pool bottom, liner and concrete. He has no experience with Cozy Coves, however. We decided to install the jets about 4 inches above the bottom of the divets in the Cozy Cove (see picture). We thought it might be nice to have the water spray on the middle part of our backs. But now, we think that was a mistake. We realized after looking at Hydra’s sample Cozy Cove picture (see attached), they put the jets at the bottom of the divets, and the water barely covers them. We are concerned that we won’t be able to keep the water level high enough to cover the jets if we leave them where they are. Should we move them down? If so, what should we use to patch the extra holes we made? If we do this, we need to do it now because we’re about ready to put in the rock and concrete! We really need some advice! Thank you!
[attachment=1:3b9utc0z]Cozy Cove jets.jpg[/attachment:3b9utc0z]
[attachment=0:3b9utc0z]cozy-cove-spa.jpg[/attachment:3b9utc0z]

Attachments

• Cozy Cove jets.jpg
    Cozy Cove jets.jpg
    330.4 KB · Views: 485
  • cozy-cove-spa.jpg
    cozy-cove-spa.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 482
I can't find an online installation manual, did it not come with one?

What material is it made out of?

What is the distance from the top of pool walls to middle of skimmer? What is distance from top of pool wall to top of jet on cozy cove?

It looks like where you have then will still be under water (based on the sample picture). Of course, being a return, even if they were above the water level, they would still work.

I think you would be asking for more trouble trying to patch holes if you moved them.

It's fiberglass. And didn't come with an installation manual! It's been one of those learning experiences. The middle of the skimmer is about 5 1/2 inches from the top of the wall. The top of the jets are 6 inches from the top of the back of the Cozy Cove. So I guess we're okay. I think you're right about asking for more trouble trying to patch the holes. Thanks for the advice!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.