Tucson, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pureline Crystal Pure 60,000
HELP! My SWG will only work for 2 seconds before kicking back off.

I have one of the older (6+ years) Gold Line AquaRite SWG units. I replaced the T-15 cell this year but now I have a new problem. When the unit comes on the red "no flow" light comes on then goes to flashing as normal, but when it goes off and the "generating" light comes on, after 1 or 2 seconds the "generating" light goes back off and the flashing "no flow" light comes back. It just continually repeats the process.

I looked in the manual and a flashing no flow means "flow detected-time delay". I did have a problem with the flow switch, but now it seems to be showing a flow, it's just that it won't hold in a generating state. Everytime I hear the relay trip and the generating light come on, it trips right back to time delay.

Chiefwej, your problem is the main circuit board has failed and needs to be replaced. You will need a GLX-PCB-RITE circuit board. Congratulations on making it over 6 years. It is pretty amazing how much punishment these circuit boards take!

Jim Garrison
The Guru of Pools

Actually after some testing, I simply replaced the flow switch and all is fine. Previous problem I had with the switch was a broken wire. This time it was the switch itself. It was fluttering on and off, making contact to put the unit into the "flow detected-delay" mode but fluttering on and off during the delay period so that when it trigger the generating mode, it would kick back off, then repeat the process. Took a little detective work to diagnose, but just a switch replacement and it's fixed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.