Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AquaRite problem-anyone seen this one?

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP Guide

AquaRite problem-anyone seen this one?

HELP! My SWG will only work for 2 seconds before kicking back off.

I have one of the older (6+ years) Gold Line AquaRite SWG units. I replaced the T-15 cell this year but now I have a new problem. When the unit comes on the red "no flow" light comes on then goes to flashing as normal, but when it goes off and the "generating" light comes on, after 1 or 2 seconds the "generating" light goes back off and the flashing "no flow" light comes back. It just continually repeats the process.

I looked in the manual and a flashing no flow means "flow detected-time delay". I did have a problem with the flow switch, but now it seems to be showing a flow, it's just that it won't hold in a generating state. Everytime I hear the relay trip and the generating light come on, it trips right back to time delay.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: AquaRite problem-anyone seen this one?

Chiefwej, your problem is the main circuit board has failed and needs to be replaced. You will need a GLX-PCB-RITE circuit board. Congratulations on making it over 6 years. It is pretty amazing how much punishment these circuit boards take!

Jim Garrison
    The Guru of Pools

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Re: AquaRite problem-anyone seen this one?

Actually after some testing, I simply replaced the flow switch and all is fine. Previous problem I had with the switch was a broken wire. This time it was the switch itself. It was fluttering on and off, making contact to put the unit into the "flow detected-delay" mode but fluttering on and off during the delay period so that when it trigger the generating mode, it would kick back off, then repeat the process. Took a little detective work to diagnose, but just a switch replacement and it's fixed.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit