Just opened pool yesterday

csimo

May 28, 2012
Rochester, IN
Hi all,
I had this pool installed late last year. The contractor just opened it for me yesterday and my son is trying to show me the BBB method and this is where our readings are as of 10am today. PH=7.2,FC=-<.5,CC=3,TC=1.5,CYA=0,TA=200. I'm totally new at this chemical business and finding it difficult to understand so any help will be appreciated. So far, the chemicals put in the water
by the pool people and us are 1qt algicide 60 , 1qt metal-out stain & scale, 6 gal. bleach.
Should I just be sweeping (not vacuuming) until the water gets cleared up - and if so, should this be done on WASTE instead of
filter? I've had to backwash every few minutes since starting.
If you would tell me what I should do next, maybe I can manage.
I was a pool owner (vinyl liner) for over 35 years, but my husband always
took care of the water.

Add enough CYA to take the pool to 30 ppm. Use the CYA/chlorine chart in pool school to see what your shock level is to---------------MAINTAIN! Scoop out as much crud if there is any on the bottom. Run filter/pump 24/7. Backwash as necessary. Read shocking in pool school. Welcome!

Hello and welcome to TFP!

I agree with the post above. Based on your description, you need to shock the pool. Read instructions in PoolSchool and follow them and precisely as you can! The sonner you get through the shock process, the sooner you will be able to relax poolside and admire the crystal clear water! :party:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.