Hello from TN

May 30, 2012
hello everyone, ive have a 24'x52" round above ground pool with the perma salt system. im on my second season with the pool now and we all love it. i will admit, the perma salt system is far from the low maintenance that was pitched to me, but im not lazy so i work with it.
the more i read about chlorine and its sanitizing properties, the more i want to convert back to a typical setup.
i know this isnt the forum for how to's or advice but i would be interested to know how much of a process it would be to ditch the perma salt all together and use the bbb method that i have read so much about.

Thanks

Hey! Welcome to the forum. :lol: Converting would be absolutely no problem. You can search "permasalt" here on the forum and I think you will come up with some folks who may have done so...I can't quite remember.

Importantly, we will encourage you to get that copper out of your pool.

That you are willing to learn new ideas and just a little bit of work will make it a chip shot for you.

Hi, welcome to TFP! Please post a complete set of test results and we can help you get started. After reading up on the components of the perma-salt system it should not be a difficult process to switch to chlorine only.

bellinibean said:
gboulton said:
Welcome, bellinibean! :wave:

Another Tennessean here (Just south of Nashville). If I can be of any help, don't hesitate to ask! :)
south of nashville, huh?? i live in smyrna.. just off almaville rd. exit.

We're pretty dang close then. I'm in La Vergne, just north of where Sam Ridley meets Murf Road.

Given your Permasalt system, I'm gonna wager we both bought our pools at the same place. *heh*

Can't help you with the conversion, but looks like there's some good info here on the site, and it shouldn't be a tough process. I can sure as heck vouch for BBB though...you won't be sorry. :)

If I can be of any assistance, maybe testing some water until you get a good test kit or something like that, I'll be happy to help. :)

truth is my copper is pretty low, like .1ppm, so switching shouldnt be an issue. one od my main concerns though is the sand filter.. should the sand be completely removed and replaced or could i just roll with a good backwash?