New pool for the kids

May 6, 2012
Endicott NY
well its nothing spectacular,but a little better than the little plastic pool.

IMG_1560_0.JPG

IMG_1562_0.JPG

IMG_1564_0.JPG

IMG_1569_0.JPG

IMG_1579_0.JPG

IMG_1580_0.JPG

IMG_1581_0.JPG

IMG_1582_0.JPG

picture_with_sod_out.jpg

Its mason sand, but the picture does look like concrete. I still have a lot to do, I'm going to build a deck, still have to finish the electric. I think I did it right. Paid $1600 for the pool liner and skimmer kit. I removed a neighbors pool for the Hayward pump and DE filter and all the pool accessories. Also got most of e electric from another neighbor who had there pool 2years and removed it .. Wiring, timer, both GFCI, and when I took down the neighbors pool it gave me a place to dump my dirt from the install. With doing all the work myself. I will have about 2k into it. The kids are getting excited!

rpm90001 said:
Its mason sand, but the picture does look like concrete.
Looks like you did a good job :cheers:

rpm90001 said:
Paid $1600 for the pool liner and skimmer kit.
That seems like an awful lot did this included installation?

rpm90001 said:
I removed a neighbors pool for the Hayward pump and DE filter and all the pool accessories. Also got most of e electric from another neighbor who had there pool 2years and removed it .. Wiring, timer, both GFCI, and when I took down the neighbors pool it gave me a place to dump my dirt from the install. With doing all the work myself. I will have about 2k into it.
Sounds like a great deal :goodjob:

Are the kids old enough to have helped you during the process?

Transit Pole holders?

String line level readers?

Mined absolutely loved our pool build process.....in fact i think they liked it better when the yard was all dirt.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes, it was new....I thought it was fair, you had me second guessing.. Thanks!

anyone here burn their lawn while warming the liner in the sun before install? I did the install my self so my lawn would not get messed up, but now I have a 21' circle in my lawn from having the liner spread out. it burned the grass. Will it come back?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.