AquaRite with T-CELL-15 Cloudy water from jets - Solved!

May 29, 2012
Live in the NorthEast...Just converted to a AquaRite Salt System. Water is balanced.. When the salt system turns on..cloudy water comes from the jets--picture attached. It gives a strong chlorine smell. It obviously is generating chlorine due to the readings below... The first few times it foamed up the pool like a bubble bath.. thought it may have been the algaecide..but it has been three weeks.. now it clouds the entire pool and leaves a foam on the top....once I shut the salt system.. the pool clears.. This is getting very frustrating! Anyone have any ideas? I did use liquid shock for the first time to open the pool prior to installing the salt generator (about 3 weeks ago).

SOLUTION::::
I noticed a lot of air in the pump basket..never had it before..So grasping at straws... I replaced the gasket on the union before the pump and the basket seal... air gone... cloudy water gone!!!!! Hope this can help someone in the future!

[attachment=0:3aiq7wd0]cloudy.jpg[/attachment:3aiq7wd0]

Attachments

• cloudy.jpg
    cloudy.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 143
Re: AquaRite with T-CELL-15 Cloudy water coming from jets

Based on the picture, I was going to ask if you had a DE filter and somehow had it on recirculate when adding fresh DE :shock:

But, reading the post, sounds like this is a very transient thing. There is a chance that you are still getting a reaction to the algaecide, but I have to fade back into the corner to observe the experts on this one.

Are you running the full flow through the cell or is it on a bypass? Usually, if there's not enough flow through the cell, you'll get this result. Sometimes, too, if it's too close to a gas heater (with the heater running), you can get this result.

Full flow. No heater. Perflex 75 DE filter. Pressure is about 12 on the filter. The jets seem to have enough coming out. But interesting thought. I had 1 1/2 plumbing from my DE filter to my jets... When i installed the AquaRite I came right out of my filter from 1 1/2 thread to 2" pvc and plumbed in the flow sensor and cell in 2" ( at least 12" from the filter as stated in the instructions) Then converted back to 1 1/2 to go to the pool. Wonder if I need to put a length of 1 1/2 past the filter..in front of the cell/flow sensor to get the flow going a little faster? Any thoughts?

Anyone have any ideas.. The picture is only the beginning... it takes over the entire pool and foams the top..cant see through it... something is wrong!

Water seems balanced..a pool place suggested I treat for phosphates.. did that.. still clouds up/foams the pool when the salt system turns on. Has to be a reaction to something.. Don't want to drain and start over if it will happen after I go through all that expense!

I purchased the TF-100 test kit... any suggestions on what I could look for with this kit?

Solved

SOLUTION::::
I noticed a lot of air in the pump basket..never had it before..So grasping at straws... I replaced the gasket on the union before the pump and the basket seal... air gone... cloudy water gone!!!!! Hope this can help someone in the future!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.