Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ph reagent question

1. Back To Top    #1

Calera, Al

Ph reagent question

I have two test kits and in my tf-100 I am running out of some reagents, I also have a Taylor k-2005 and some of the reagents are identical and I will be able to use those up before I reup my tf-100. But the k2005 has the ph reagent r-0004 and the Tf has r-0014. The r-0004 says to use with the 2000 series comparator and the r-0014 says to use with residential series comparator. Are the two reagents the same thus interchangeable. Or are there differences and what would they be???
    17,000 gal, IG Gunite Diamond Brite plaster Kidneybean,w/7x11 tanning ledge& 3x5 swimout bench,244T 300lb Hayward Pro high rate sand filter(63 GPM) , Hayward 1Hp Super Pump w/3/4 hp booster pump, Polaris 280, Laars Lite 2 175k N/G Heater, Tf-100, Speed stir

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Ph reagent question

They have different concentrations, because the comparators hold different quantities of pool water. You have both comparators, so just use each reagent with the comparator/view tube that it came with.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School