I posted about a week ago after acid washing and refilling my pool. Everything has been working out so far, so a big thank you for all the great advice I've received here.
The more I learn, the more questions I have. Here a few quick ones related to testing and adding chems:
1. If I put chems in at night, do I keep the filter running? If so do I just have it turn the water over once?
2. How much chlorine should I expect to lose at night? It seems like I've been using about 2ppm each evening.
3. Can I test in the morning if my filter has been off for several hours? If not, does my water need to cycle completely before testing?
4. How do you measure the pool calculator's suggested amounts? Guesstimate? Measuring Cup? Scale?
5. What's a "daily test" (I've seen it mentioned in other threads)? Is it the same as the OCLT test (overnight choloring loss test)?
I had my pump running 24/7 for a while, and now that I have my water chemistry under control I'd like to minimize the electricity (not cheap in socal!) I just started running my pump for about 5 hours during darkness after adding chems and another 4 hours during the middle of the day to turnover the water once. Does that sound reasonable?