Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can you leave your SWG on when intorducing liquid cholorine

1. Back To Top    #1

Can you leave your SWG on when intorducing liquid cholorine

Can you leave your SWG on when intorducing liquid cholorine? Just do not want to damage or reduce the life. Great site BTW, fantastic info.
    27,000 gallon rectangular, Vinyl lined with slide, TRIAC flow over hot tub (with hayward C-SPA-XI heater that won't turn on, so now a nice kiddie pool), Compu Pool SWG, Spectrum Amerlite Color underwater light for pool and spa (pool light won't turn on, yea, year 7 of pool ownership sucks), STA-RITE Dura Glas centrifugal pump with trap and Hi-rate sand filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Can you leave your SWG on when intorducing liquid cholor

Yes.

But note you should never add bleach or acid to the skimmer ... always put them into the pool in front of a return jet.

EDIT:
    Welcome
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Chlorine is chlorine. The chlorine that comes out of the SWG is the same as any that you'd put into the pool any other way. Bleach is chlorine, SWG chlorine is chlorine, and tablets are chlorine. (tablets do contain other stuff like CYA and calcium though, but the chlorine part is always... chlorine) :~}

Sigh... they used to tease me and call me Chlorine! Not kidding.
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.

4. Back To Top    #4

Short answers. Yes, yes, you can.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to TFP.

Listen to Jason, you can add it with the swcg running but I wouldn't pour it in the skimmer.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Well after weeks of research and a frustrating cloudy pool I got lucky enough to find this site. My pool is balanced and clear!!! I had it all right after my frist few read throughs in the pool school but that dang FC, added a little regular Clorox bleach and now everything is as it should be. I can't wait for pool opening next year, bring it, of course that will be after the new liner (found a few little tears, yes I patched them) and the light is not working and the one big thing left for this year is to tend to the fact I just noticed the bozo that installed the SWG 2 years ago did not ground the sucker.....This could be a problem?
    27,000 gallon rectangular, Vinyl lined with slide, TRIAC flow over hot tub (with hayward C-SPA-XI heater that won't turn on, so now a nice kiddie pool), Compu Pool SWG, Spectrum Amerlite Color underwater light for pool and spa (pool light won't turn on, yea, year 7 of pool ownership sucks), STA-RITE Dura Glas centrifugal pump with trap and Hi-rate sand filter.

7. Back To Top    #7

Yes, it certainly should be both grounded and bonded (separately). Do you know the difference between those two and how to do each?
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

8. Back To Top    #8

There is a bonding lug. Need to attach an 8 AWG copper wire to the pool bonding system? Hoping that's the cable bolted to the ground by pump This stuff was fun til I got to the electrical issues. might have to call an electrician or lock my husband in the pool house until he tends to this mess. Thankful I noticed though