HTH 6 way test kit

ddd

May 22, 2012
Just Purchased HTH 6 way Kit. States 100+ tests w/ 1 kit. Kit only shows instru for 6 tests. Where/how to accomplish other tests such as FA, FC, etc. (i.e. mentioned on TFP) with this kit? Download their .pdf and it shows nothing - repeat of packaging.

Pool up 8 days (3 no pump or hose, 4 w/ sand & pump). It's been crystal clear but noticed can't keep chlorine in. Did CYA test (zero..not even cloudy...hope I did it right?). Added stabalizer last night, will check CYA in 5 to 8 days.

The kit only comes with 1 more CYA test. Any suggestions on kits/stand alone w/ multiple CYA tests?

Added bleach AM and still holding. Hope it's there tommorrow!

The HTH 6 way test kit measures TC, Bromine, PH, TA, CH, and CYA. Each of those can be tested several times, which is where I think the 100+ tests notation comes from. It can not measure FC or CC. For that you need a fancier test kit.

We have a list of recommended test kits in Pool School. My personal favorite is the TF-100 from TFTestKits.net.

This is not an ideal test, but is enough to manage a relativley small seasonal pool, if nothing goes wrong and you carefully keep track of what you add to the water. A nice addition to it (other than the CYA refill mentioned above) would be the single test FAS-DPD chlorine test, like this one:

http://tftestkits.net/FAS-DPD-Chlorine- ... t-p47.html

with it you could measure FC and CC not just the TC (which is FC+CC) that your HTH test will measure, plus you can do so with an accurate drop counting test, not trying to match shades of color, it will also allow you to test your chlorine levels while shocking something the HTH test can't do either.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.