Fix leak in flex PVC

May 29, 2012
Hi! We have 2 flex pipe lines thatRNAn in to cement that have small leaks. They are close to the cement so I am assuming the pool company will want to chip away at it for a lot of money.

Can we try putting PVC cement on it or put a rigid PVC patch over it. I know it will only be temporary.

Thanks for all the great info I always find here!

I assume it's flex PVC and not hose. If that's the case you can glue it. If it's a small hole or two I'd cut a coupling in half and split it open and glue and clamp it around the holes. It should hold like that.

Before spending too much time, effort, or money, try some Rescue Tape. Marine stores sometimes have it, maybe auto parts places, and I think even Sears carries it.

It looks like a gimmick, but it's not. I've seen the stuff fix an actively leaking radiator hose out in the middle of nowhere...and seen the "repair" outlast the rest of the radiator hose.

If you can find a source locally, it's worth a quick $10 or so to give it a try.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.