Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fix leak in flex PVC

1. Back To Top    #1

Fix leak in flex PVC

Hi! We have 2 flex pipe lines thatRNAn in to cement that have small leaks. They are close to the cement so I am assuming the pool company will want to chip away at it for a lot of money.

Can we try putting PVC cement on it or put a rigid PVC patch over it. I know it will only be temporary.

Thanks for all the great info I always find here!

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Fix leak in flex PVC

I assume it's flex PVC and not hose. If that's the case you can glue it. If it's a small hole or two I'd cut a coupling in half and split it open and glue and clamp it around the holes. It should hold like that.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3
    Nashville, TN

Before spending too much time, effort, or money, try some Rescue Tape. Marine stores sometimes have it, maybe auto parts places, and I think even Sears carries it.

It looks like a gimmick, but it's not. I've seen the stuff fix an actively leaking radiator hose out in the middle of nowhere...and seen the "repair" outlast the rest of the radiator hose.

If you can find a source locally, it's worth a quick $10 or so to give it a try.
    Pool School helps me maintain my 13,500G 24' x 48" ASP with Sand Filtration using a TF100 Test Kit and Pool Calculator.
    Remember, the Shock Process should be followed until : 1. CC is less than 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less and, 3. The water is crystal clear.
    --I didn't buy my pool to swim in it. I bought my pool to watch my wife swim in it. :wink:

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks so much for the great info and idea ( and such a quick response )!