Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool floor?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool floor?

i need help! would mason sand be ok to use under a 14' intex? ive tried to find some discussions on this but the search engine here hates me! maybe i dont know the lingo? thanks and sorry for the question im sure the answer im looking for is already here. i suck
    INTEX 14' X 4'
    1000 GPH PUMP
    SWG
    taylor K-2006 K-1766
    SKOOBA VAC

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: POOL FLOOR ?

I don't know the answer, but did a quick search and got a number of "hits." Go to the bottom of the page and look in the left corner where it shows a search box. Type in "mason sand", in quotes, and hit "go." Like I said, I got several threads on this site as hits. If you don't find your answer in one of those, maybe someone will know and answer your thread here. Good luck.
    POOL: Intex ultra new in 2014 (32 x 16 x 52) (seasonal; on concrete pad covered with 1.5" extruded or whatever foam insulation sheets - ugly, but comfy); added a through-wall skimmer; I add salt for feel. EQUIPMENT: Pentair SuperFlo pump (1HP, 2SPD); Pentair cartridge filter (200 sq. ft); Pentair MasterTemp natural gas heater (400,000 btu) Climate/Location: Eastern Nebraska

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by solodare
    but the search engine here hates me! maybe i dont know the lingo?
    Are you using the Google search at the very very bottom lower left of page (not the other one just slightly higher)?
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

4. Back To Top    #4

thanks all. now im cooking with gas! linen, which one should i be using? the google or the one above? i was using the search at the top of the page. i got some hits from the one above the google so im going to look through that for now.
    INTEX 14' X 4'
    1000 GPH PUMP
    SWG
    taylor K-2006 K-1766
    SKOOBA VAC

5. Back To Top    #5

So I'm going to take a guess here and say that pulling soil to the low side (no matter how little) is a bad idea. guess i should keep digging.
    INTEX 14' X 4'
    1000 GPH PUMP
    SWG
    taylor K-2006 K-1766
    SKOOBA VAC

6. Back To Top    #6

So I'm going to take a guess here and say that pulling soil to the low side (no matter how little) is a bad idea. guess i should keep digging.
    Yes you want to dig down to your lowest undisturbed ground.

linen, which one should i be using? the google or the one above?
    I find the google one (lowest one) the most helpful.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

7. Back To Top    #7

Re: Pool floor?

Masonry sand is good to use. It is very fine and has most of the debris removed. Playsand will have small pebbles in it.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!