Main Drain vs Kreepy Krauly

The main drains should be shut-off when using the Kreepy unit so that the suction won't cause the Kreepy to stay in place. If the main drains are already off, I am not sure what the problem is, but my unit does not stick on the main drains. The in-wall pool ladder is another story :).

Alright, I need to run with only the drain and the krauly due to my water level being low usually, because of a leak/s. If I run the skimmer (with the usual low water level) then the krauly hose gets in front of its opening which causes it to starve and then suck air, pump loses prime, motor gets hot, and I get home and wonder how long that's been happening... I hate to add water everyday or every other day because that makes it hard to keep the chemistry in balance, I'm having a hard enough time with that as it is, it's getting much better/easier now that I found this site, lol. I could run the drain and the skimmer, but I like running the krauly because it picks up all the debris that gets in the pool. It's easier to me to clean (net) the surface of the pool a couple times a day with the krauly running than it is to get the stuff off the bottom without the krauly running.

I'm scared to find out what it would cost to find and fix the leaks because all the piping is under concrete. This is our 3rd season with the pool (about 12 yrs old) which came with the house we bought. I need to do some testing, like find out how much water it loses over night with and without the equipment running to try and determine if it's the piping or the fiberglass shell... Any other ideas there would be greatly appreciated too.

The life of being a pool owner... People (without pool) just don't understand.

There are several tests you can do to determine where and what's leaking. We have had leaks underground but they are few and far between. 90% of the leaks are above ground or right where the plumbing goes in the ground. Another 5% or so are the light niche.

We can help you locate it if you want to post what you've done so far looking for it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.