Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: recurring "blooms" or "streaks" of algae

1. Back To Top    #1

recurring "blooms" or "streaks" of algae

Split from here: safe-to-clean-behind-light-t16112.html Butterfly

I've also been having recurring "blooms" or "streaks" of algae. I performed this same cleaning procedure today... It looked like a lot of sand or dirt behind the light just sitting in the bottom of the niche. It didn't feel like sand or dirt though, it was really soft. I sucked it out to waste and will cross my fingers. I wish I had an underwater camera...
    12,500 Gallons, IG - Fiberglass (kidney bean shape), Sand Filter, 1 1/2 HP Pac Fab Challenger motor/pump, Kreepy Krauly

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Safe to Clean behind light?

Here's a pic from up above as I pulled it out from the niche... Also, if anybody can tell me how to get rid of the stains on my fiberglass shell that would be awesome.

12,500 Gallons, IG - Fiberglass (kidney bean shape), Sand Filter, 1 1/2 HP Pac Fab Challenger motor/pump, Kreepy Krauly

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Safe to Clean behind light?

Try holding a vitamin c tablet against one of the stains for 30 seconds and see if that makes any difference. If that doesn't do anything, try a trichlor tablet for a minute or two.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: recurring "blooms" or "streaks" of algae

Okay, will do! I'll post back with results soon! Thanks!