Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: new here but not new to pools

1. Back To Top    #1

Corinth, Texas

new here but not new to pools

Hi everyone, I just discovered this site...what a wealth of information and helpful members........Just recently purchased a foreclosed home with a badly neglected last experience with a gunite pool was when I still lived at home (parents) 30 yrs ago...back then it was my job to maintain the family pool....well here I am years later with a pool of my own! pool maintenance is just like riding a bike...learn it once and you never forget! ha..ha.. Well my new pool is up and running great! Replaced the old sand filter with a new TR60 unit and push/pull valve....rebuilt the Challenger 1.5 hp pump and replaced a bad Jandy valve on the suction side is a pic of my rescued pool!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    IG Gunite pool built in 1994 3ft/5ft/3ft about 10-12000 gallons, Pentair Challenger 1-1/2 hp pump, Pentair TR 60 Sand filter.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: new here but not new to pools

Welcome to TFP. Looks good!

Is that a floater I see in there? If so you'll want to be getting rid of that.

Post a full set of test results and how you got them. Cause you know we love numbers!
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit