Colorlogic Burnt?

AllenA

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
May 1, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Hi,

I finished building my pool in 2011 and filled in water in February. In December, Outside temperature was a little above freezing, I turned on my lights and about 15 minutes later the lights were off. They are both connected through a junction box and GFCI. After some time I figured out that the GFCI tripped. I reset it and only one came on :hammer: . I contacted Hayward and they informed me that the light is sealed and nothing can be replaced and I should call an electrician. Since I purchased the lights in October of the previous year, I was out of the 1 year warranty. I decided to wait for summer when I could actually go in the pool and maybe diagnose and fix it myself; now is that time.

Did anyone experience such a problem before? And if so, what did you do? Can the light be fixed (DIY) if burnt? How can I diagnose?

Thank you in advance,
Allen

The only problem that is reasonably easy to resolve is a loose connection in the junction box. As they said the light fixture is a sealed unit that is not designed to be serviced, but instead simply replaced when it fails.

Do you know if those are prone to failing? I could not find any information anywhere and since the unit was fairly new, I am really ******. I paid 500+ for it + the niche +the junction box.

I also wonder if I could open and reseal. It's probably a big project but maybe worth the trouble... Problem is that I can't find anyone else who has this problem at least while googling...

Hi All,

This update is to inform you all of the great customer service I received from Hayward regarding my Colorlogic 4.0

About a month ago I contacted Hayward once more asking them if they can reach out to me and help me out even though I was out of Warranty because the unit must have been defective from the beginning. Ben, a technician there whom I have been in contact with since the beginning, asked me to send it in for evaluation. After he performed a small test on it he concluded that it was in fact defective and sent me a new one :party:. No fuss.

I am just writing this reply to say: THANK YOU HAYWARD and Ben :goodjob: for your great support. This is what I call exceptional service :whoot: and a company that stands behind its products.

Bottom line: The next pool I build will be 100% Hayward.

Regards,
Allen

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.