Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. If you have problems logging in to the new system, you should try resetting your password. Click HERE to do that. Pool School

Thread: Colorlogic Burnt?

Colorlogic Burnt?

Hi,

I finished building my pool in 2011 and filled in water in February. In December, Outside temperature was a little above freezing, I turned on my lights and about 15 minutes later the lights were off. They are both connected through a junction box and GFCI. After some time I figured out that the GFCI tripped. I reset it and only one came on . I contacted Hayward and they informed me that the light is sealed and nothing can be replaced and I should call an electrician. Since I purchased the lights in October of the previous year, I was out of the 1 year warranty. I decided to wait for summer when I could actually go in the pool and maybe diagnose and fix it myself; now is that time.

Did anyone experience such a problem before? And if so, what did you do? Can the light be fixed (DIY) if burnt? How can I diagnose?

Thank you in advance,
    Allen
    Size: 14,000 Gal Freeform
    Pump: Pentair VS-SVRS
    Filter: Hayward S310T2 with ZeoSand
    Type: IG - Stonescapes

Re: Colorlogic Burnt?

The only problem that is reasonably easy to resolve is a loose connection in the junction box. As they said the light fixture is a sealed unit that is not designed to be serviced, but instead simply replaced when it fails.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    TFP Admin. Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

Do you know if those are prone to failing? I could not find any information anywhere and since the unit was fairly new, I am really ******. I paid 500+ for it + the niche +the junction box.

I also wonder if I could open and reseal. It's probably a big project but maybe worth the trouble... Problem is that I can't find anyone else who has this problem at least while googling...

Hi All,

This update is to inform you all of the great customer service I received from Hayward regarding my Colorlogic 4.0

About a month ago I contacted Hayward once more asking them if they can reach out to me and help me out even though I was out of Warranty because the unit must have been defective from the beginning. Ben, a technician there whom I have been in contact with since the beginning, asked me to send it in for evaluation. After he performed a small test on it he concluded that it was in fact defective and sent me a new one . No fuss.

I am just writing this reply to say: THANK YOU HAYWARD and Ben for your great support. This is what I call exceptional service and a company that stands behind its products.

Bottom line: The next pool I build will be 100% Hayward.

Regards,
    Allen