Sand Pro vs. Intex

May 27, 2012
Hi everyone! Great site, great information!

New to the board, read the Pool School....whewww! And am getting ready to setup our pool for the 2nd year.

Last year I was fighting with the generic filter that came with our Summer Escapes, I have to have the summer inflatable until the youngest boys get a little taller, then I plan on upgrading to something more "poolish".

Anyway, I want to get a sand filter, and have been looking at this one:

Intex Filter

And after reading the reviews, it seems to be a nice filter, but then I found this:

Sand Pro

So, now I want to know what is the best filter? Intex or SandPro, both of which I'll have to modify to work with the Summer Escapes pool.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Welcome to tfp, crazykidsdad :wave:

I have not used the sand pro filter...it looks pretty small with only 38 lbs of sand and no mention of filter area in the link. Doing a little search, I found that this looks like the 4510 with 1.4 sq. ft. of filter area. I am not sure how they do that with so little sand.

I have used the 1600 gph intex sand filter, it is a 14" filter, and for the price I think it does a great job. It's filter area is only ~1 sq. ft. but has 55 lbs of sand.

linen said:
Welcome to tfp, crazykidsdad :wave:

I have not used the sand pro filter...it looks pretty small with only 38 lbs of sand and no mention of filter area in the link. Doing a little search, I found that this looks like the 4510 with 1.4 sq. ft. of filter area. I am not sure how they do that with so little sand.

I have used the 1600 gph intex sand filter, it is a 14" filter, and for the price I think it does a great job. It's filter area is only ~1 sq. ft. but has 55 lbs of sand.

Thank you for your reply, I think I will stick to the Intex.

JasonLion said:
The Intex sand filters are in use by a very large number of people with lots of positive reviews. Sand Pro is relatively new and unheard of with no feedback yet and no obvious advantages.

Didn't know that Sand Pro was the new kid on the block, looks like I will be sticking with Intex.

Thanks!

I just purchased the SandPro 75. Haven't hooked it up yet tho. Just figured to let you know that the little one isn't the only one. The 75 holds 76 lbs of sand. I don't have the stats with me right now. (At McD's with grandauhter). I'll see what I can find when I get home. You can google it and get info on it. They have a brochure and I believe the manual at their website.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.