gas heater thermostat question

flyweed

Bronze Supporter
Aug 3, 2009
SW Wisconsin
Hey all

was out getting my pool heater fired up today..had to change out the pressure switch..as the old one went bad, and I got to thinking.....I absolutely HATE the "dial" type thermostat that my heater has on it...I am a "read out" kind of guy and would love to see the actual "number" in degrees on a little digital readout of some sort.......I've replaced thermostats in my home before for the HVAC.......how hard would it be to install sort of an "after market" type of digital thermostat on my pool heater, so I can see the temp, and adjust with push buttons rather than this goofy dial? I mean how hard could it be..as the thermostat on it currently has two wires as a connection and that's it.

Any thoughts, ideas, or opinions??

Thanks
Dan

I have a Hayward H200 it's not the electronic ignition..it's got a pilot light in it...has a simple "dial" type thermostat, and It would just be nice to have some read out of temp setting..rather than guessing all the time.

I like simple Jason. That may be just the ticket....but I DO like to "tinker" too, and if there were a way to hook up a digital thermostat, and maybe put a temp probe into the return line just after the heater manifold that would be perfect too.

Dan

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.