SW PA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
A brand new DE filter used for 2 months last year and the extras you see here all for $250! I asked about the pool and she said it's almost 20 years old and had it! I'm still going to take a gander at it just because! :mrgreen: I am so stoked! You guys and gals need to check Craig's List for things you need, new pools/slightly used pools, heaters... It beats the pool store prices! :cool:

bigjess007 said:
holy **** Casey. I must be in your neck of the woods. Small world. I believe this is your cl post: http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/for/3043542917.html

That would be it! :mrgreen: The post was minutes old when I called about it! She was flaberguasted and scrambling to figure out a price with her hubby. I'm picking it up tomorrow afternoon. :party:

When my hot water heater finally gave out I took a look see on CL and got a brand new, sealed in the box 40 gallon GE for $250. Checked Home Depot site and the identical model retailed there for $540. Ya just never know when a great deal is gonna land in your lap.

You better hurry, I'll call and offer $300.

Great find! I've seen a few deals on CL, but don't know my way around Pittsburgh enough to pick the stuff up.

She called to make sure I wasn't coming while she was at Curves this morning. I just woke up and I'm impatiently waiting for hubby to get home from work with the truck. I was telling him what a great find and deal I got and he was pretty happy! He says I need to find the pool there too since I told him how much they are. He was like, WOW! (We could buy new but why when they are sooooooo much cheaper there) I have been looking! I check General and Free Items several times a night! Last night I saw a 21 ft pool not far from here for free. It went up and as soon as I saw it, I clicked on it and it was pulled off and I was cussing to myself! The person either changed their mind or it went like a hot cake! :shock:

I picked my loot up today! So glad I found it! I feel like I got a great deal at just the right time. I've been biding my time. Now I'm in search of a pool that I will patiently wait for. I bet a slew of them will be sold towards the end of summer... :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Casey said:
I picked my loot up today! So glad I found it! I feel like I got a great deal at just the right time. I've been biding my time. Now I'm in search of a pool that I will patiently wait for. I bet a slew of them will be sold towards the end of summer... :mrgreen:
So how did that pool look...not worth the effort?

No. It was gushing out the side when I got there. The top rails were rusted badly and it looked like they had the same liner for as long as they had the pool. :shock: The top water line was blue and as the water was draining, it was completely white. They certainly got thier money's worth out of that pool. They just bought the pump and filter last year because their kids wanted to swim. Then they were going to replace the pool but after they bought the filter on their grown children's wants and desires to use it, they never came to swim so they are just tearing down and being done with it.

Found tis Dougboy on Craig's List. They were selling the filter/pump and liner along with the pool. They said they'd sell the pool seperate because I told them the liner is useless regardless of age and I have a filter and pump. Oh and they want it gone ASAP. I guess they didn't like my offer of $200 bucks to get it out asap. They said not intrested. I said if it sits there all summer let me know. I hope it's an eyesore all summer with that stagnant, smelly, fishy water! :mrgreen:

16x24 Doughboy...

I got my 18 ft Proseries ( Intex sytle) for free!
Now I got this ladder for $40....
IMAG0046.jpg

IMAG0047.jpg

it isn't screwed together yet. That is why it looks a little off...... Oh and that is after it's power washing in my driveway

We bought our last 27ft AG pool off CL with Sand filter, no pump (it was junk, and I had my own already), with a wood deck that spanned 60% of the pool, and a polaris 65. The pool was 3 years old, I think we paid $800 for it. I added the stairs on the right. All of the rock came out of the ground after the guy did the ground work.

Attachments

• Pool2_s.jpg
    Pool2_s.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 460
That's the newer style DE filter that's easy to take apart. I have the old style, it has a zillion screws to pull to clean the filter fingers.

I got my pool free by posting an add in the paper saying I would remove one that someone wanted to get rid of. I had 2 options, the other one was a smaller 15x30 with an iffy pump. The 18 x 33 Esther Williams pool I got is older but built very well. All I needed to get was a liner. :cheers:

Nelson, I stalk Craig's List nightly. I'm actually getting ready to go over again and scour the general and free ads. I will be looking more closely as the summer wears on, pool pumps break, pools turn nasty, or someone plain just doesnt know what they're doing and wants rid of a pool because *It's too hard*. I think this pool has been on for a few days. I had to go back through older post to find it... I do believe there will be more pools coming up for sale as the summer wears on. I'd also like to see if I get a callback on this one too. :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.