Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: FC level questions with SWG....

1. Back To Top    #1

FC level questions with SWG....

I did another full water test yesterday. I checked the CL/CYA chart in the stickies and it says I should have a target FC of about 9, min ~6. The pool calculator says for SWG FC of 3 is OK. Which should I shoot for? I don't use algecide so really want to prevent an outbreak. Though PB did leave 2 bottles of poly?? algecide..should I add any as a precaution? My water is crystal clear now after being slightly cloudy upon opening last Wednesday.

FC 7.5
    CC 0
    TC 7.5
    CYA 80
    pH 7.8, adding acid tonight
    TA 130
    CA 300
    Water temp 62
    Salt 3300

So what should I aim my FC for?
    ~39,000 gallon True L, 43x28x18, Steel Wall, Vinyl Liner; 2 skimmers, 2 bottom drains, 3 returns, 1 dedicated cleaner line with Polaris booster pump; Polaris 280
    Hayward Pro Series 300 pound Sand Filter, Hayward Heat Pump 116K BTU
    2 Hayward Colorlogic LED Lights; Diving Board, X-Stream Slide, 3 Polaris Mini Jets; Step and Leisure Bench in deep end (SwimOut)
    Aqua Rite SWCG with Aqua Plus Automation and Controls (Goldline); Aqua Pod Remote for Controls and Aqua Logic Base Station

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD
    The chart in the stickies actually suggests 3.6 if you follow the comments in the foot notes relating to SWGs. SWG are able to run at lower FC levels than other chlorine sources, probably because of the shock levels of chlorine present in the SWG cell.

I recommend aiming to have FC be between 4 and 5 in the late afternoon/early evening (which is when FC is normally lowest). That gives you a little extra margin to handle unusual events.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School