Filled pool with well water

So how would I go a out getting rid of it?
You could try very elevated levels of chlorine and run your pH up to around 8.0. A lot of the iron will precipitate out but perhaps not all. I would never do that because it might also preciptate out as stains on your liner but some folks report some success.

Long story short, you really can't get rid of it. You can pay for a weekly dose of sequestrant but that'll quickly cost more than any test kit or you could drain it and have water trucked in that doesn't have iron.

I don't know of any really viable solutions that don't involve some significant money.

I had the pool store test my water. I know not the ideal solution but it's better than nothing.
TC 9.7
FC 9.7
pH 8.3
TA 165
Iron .3

They suggested I put in a bottle of metal free I didn't want to until I got an opinion on it. I nervous to pour anything into the pool! They didn't check my CYA but I did yesterday and it was 0. I added 4 pounds of conditioner yesterday. What should I do next?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.