Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: sand in pool intex sand filter

1. Back To Top    #1

sand in pool intex sand filter

i keep getting sand in the pool from the filter could it be the size of my back wash hose is to small i have at garden hose hooked-up to it
    30,000 gallon, IG, Vinyl, Sand Filter, Hayward Super Pump - 3450 RPM, 1.5 HP
    South Central Kentucky

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: sand in pool intex sand filter

Welcome to TFP!

No, that wouldn't cause sand to get into the pool. The small hose would make it difficult to throughly clean the filter and might cause the pressure to go up over time even with backwashing, but it wouldn't let sand into the pool.

If it is only a tiny amount of sand I wouldn't worry about it. But if sand is routinely getting into the pool you probably have a broken lateral (a part inside the filter).
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: sand in pool intex sand filter

i throught that it would put to much pressure on the inner tube in the filter and unseat it thanks for the reply
    30,000 gallon, IG, Vinyl, Sand Filter, Hayward Super Pump - 3450 RPM, 1.5 HP
    South Central Kentucky