Huntsville, AL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
My water tested good a few weeks ago from the pool store and my family and I (including a 6 month old) have been swimming.

These are my first test results from home and I'm not sure how bad this is:
FC 6.5
CC 0
PH 7.8
TA 100
CYA 50

I had the CYA at 90 about 3 weeks ago. My swg is set to 65%. Water is sparkly.

I think that I have followed the instructions and completed the tests correctly.

Pretty close to perfect! Why do you think it is bad?

FC and pH are just a bit high but not enough to adjust. Add that to your clear water and I think you're in for a great swimming season.

EDIT - I missed the CYA adjustment that JasonLion points out below...sorry

Those numbers look reasonable. Though there are a few adjustments to make, there is nothing seriously wrong here.

I recommend lowering your PH to 7.2. That will help lower TA and give you more time until you need to add acid again.

I also recommend doing the CYA test again just to add a little confidence and then raising CYA up to between 70 and 90.

Chances are you can turn down the percentage setting on the SWG a little. Check FC in the evenings occasionally and as long as it continues to be well above 4 turn down the SWG % a little each day.

The Mystery of the Missing CYA needs some detective work. If it's 50, and the water is clear, you're fine. pH may need some lowering in a couple days, not a big deal.

If you tested 90 and now you tested 50, something is wrong. 9944/100% probablility that one of the tests is wrong - the first one would be my guess.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.