I opened my pool on Saturday and it didn't take long to get everything balanced nicely:
Then, last night, I added 60oz of clorox which was the correct amount to keep my pool balanced all last summer.
This afternoon, I was down to 3 FC.
I'm using bleach that was left over since last fall and was stored in my garage. This is the same bleach that I used to open the pool.
Is it possible that the bleach is not working at full strength or could there be something wrong with the water that would require me to shock?